- A usher is a levite dedicated and set apart for God to serve Him
- A role of a usher in church is a volunteer position and is consider one of honor
- Ushering provides an opportunity for you to give God’s best to people and to give God the best of yourself
- Ushers provide the friendly smiles, warm greetings and communication that demonstrate Christian love from the moment guests appear on the congregation’s doorsteps.
- Church ushers serve with an extraordinary welcome by providing a warm and safe atmosphere in God ‘s presence
- serves the people and creates an atmosphere for hospitality.
- Make people to feel home
- Greet people entering the service by giving them a warm welcome.
- seat attendees or direct them where to go in order to find themselves a seat
- keep order at the entrance and during the whole service
- distribute pamphlets and service programmes
- welcome visitors and give the orientation about the church and the vision
- look out for the pastor or/and visiting speakers
- holding people during fire services
- Doing offering service
- time conscious be punctual
- serving the Lord with excellence
- T.B.N code and cultivating a team spirit
MISTAKES TO AVOID
- dress inappropriate (e.g. tight or short clothing, immodest apparel)
- separating families when seating them do not
- Be frustrated when people have attitudes of or refuse to submit(principle of brokenness)
- Force a hug when greeting